What can I do without man?
Disembarked Bus 36. Watch check: 3.50pm
"Yay! I'll be in time to post 40 lbs of crap back to Boston."
Few seconds later, "Oh wait! WHERE ARE MY KEYS?"
"Darn! I rushed out of the house today and forgot them. Gerarda is unpredictable as to when she'll be home."
Fuss! Fuss! Fuss! I looked around the neighbour's houses to see if any of them were in the yard so I could borrow a phone.
Found my victim, "Errr... I am locked out of the corner house, could I borrow your phone?"
"Gerarda's house? Sure."
"Hi! This is Gerarda here. I can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message and I'll get back to you the soonest I can."
"Gerarda, Michelle here. I'm locked out. Can you come home soon."
My victim, who turned out to be my life saver, Rob offered to walk me over to Gerarda's house to see if something can be done to get me in.
He used to work with a locksmith and he knew his way around with locks. The first door took about 5 to 10 minutes to open. The second door took half an hour. He tried all tools on the second door. Finally, it opened.
I thanked Rob profusely and offered to take him for a drink. Drenched in sweat, he declined.
I quickly got back into the house, TOOK MY KEYS, and was busy carrying my boxes downstairs to make it in time to the post office before it closes, when "VOILA"... Jonathan, my doctor neighbour comes home in scrubs and offers me a hand.
"Hey Jonathan, can you send me to the post office with these boxes?"
"Sure! Let's walk there. You can carry my clothes to the dry cleaners and I'll get those two boxes for you."
"Yipppeee! Men to rescue in my time of need"

1 Comments:
Man? You gotta be kidding me. The world is better off without them. :P
Post a Comment
<< Home