Monday, June 20, 2005

Outward Appearance

I am thankful that God is not Man.

1 Samuel 16:7 Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

In context, Samuel finds David to anoint him as King, in obedience to the Lord's commands. As he knocks on Jesse's door in search for one of his sons, Samuel finds himself faced with the tall, the strong....

Even Samuel, a holy prophet judge by what he sees. He saw one of the sons who had the height and the built, and somewhat concluded that he must be the one. But God said No. Do not be taken by the appearance.

Well... my point is outward appearance is such an emphasis today. We think highly of the tall, the thin, the strong, the mighty and we have a slight prejudice against the short, the fat, the weak or the lesser. Yes I admit, I am guilty of it too. I am easy to judge and have preconcieved notions of someone even before I converse with him/her. And usually my first impressions are proven wrong as I spend more time with the person. So... why oh why make silly prejudices?

It only makes everyone miserable. The one who prejudices and the one who is being prejudiced. Ok, maybe I've taken it too far when I didn't quite mean prejudice. What I meant is... why do people think the only worthy people are the tall and lanky ones? What happens to the short and the fat? I am always very impressed when I see slightly plump girls/guys having a significant other. Love overlooks all imperfections. Love for family. Love for friends. Love for strangers. Love for the significant other. Love for enemies.

I hate it when people over complain about their physique. I complain too indefinitely. And I hate it! So I do three things. One of which is try to complain less. Next, eat only what I deem necessary and want to eat. And two exercise whenever I feel like it. Actually, I hate exercising, especially when all around me, people are making it seem as though it is a darn right MUST! I have enough on my plate to worry - I have to study hard! I have to work hard! I have to save hard! Don't tell me I've to exercise hard as well.... It's not my cup of tea... And I don't want another burden. I want to be happy! Not a miserable girl - having burdensome duties to accomplish in life. Thus, I take No One's Instructions. I eat when I like to! I exercise when I want to! I even complain when I want to! :) Why restrain all the time? It brings misery on yourself and even those around.

I'm done with complaining! And so should you... Forget what people have to say. Be contented and work towards your own goals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home